School Ethos & Values
Aims and Values of the School
- To promote a sense of community, where everyone can live and learn together;
- To develop confident, enthusiastic and independent learners through purposeful and challenging activities;
- To encourage children to strive for excellence and enjoyment in their learning and take a personal pride in their own achievements and the achievements of others;
- To provide a safe and healthy environment where everyone is valued and respected, whatever their gender, ability, colour, religion or culture;
- To foster and promote the development of the whole child and develop the necessary skills, concepts, knowledge and understanding across the whole curriculum;
- To help children develop an understanding of the world in which they live, enabling them to achieve economic wellbeing and make a meaningful and positive contribution now and in the future.
The aims of the school are achieved through a broad, balanced, relevant, well planned and resourced curriculum, which is differentiated to meet the individual needs and abilities of all children, and through the partnership between school, parents, governors and the community.